AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but couldn't find one that exactly fits. I'm looking for software (XP and Windows 64 bit o/s) to make and burn my home movies and slideshows to a DVD, playable on my DVD player. I formerly used Roxio Easy Media Creator 7, but it hasn't kept up with XP upgrades; and I haven't even tried in Windows 7. Basically, it crashes and just no longer works right. I typically put my video together in Microsoft Movie Maker and then bring those files into Roxio to merge with slide shows (created in Roxio). I then burn to a playable DVD or CD. Anyway, I want the same capability but don't want to spend $70 on something that is buggy or more importantly, won't create a DVD/CD playable on a DVD player.

5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer) when I got the Roxio product, it was hard to find software, which loaded a player on a DVD/CD so you could pop in the DVD player and start-up like any "real" movie. Maybe this isn't so hard to find today... I don't know. Regardless, I need to create playable DVDs/CDs-- playable on a DVD player, and would like suggestions as to the best software to replace my old Roxio.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good and better pricing than Creative and Nero. My only question is, can you also use to make video slideshows from pictures? I make my "productions" to include a year's worth of pictures and video. I make 1 year-long DVD mixing pictures and video and add music. I then burn to a DVD playable on a DVD player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts