AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some receivers are coming with out of the box iPod support, but this one does not.

What's the best way to get my iPod music through my Pioneer 1015TX?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have a dock, just get a mini jack to stereo rca stereo cable put it on whatever input is available. The audio out on the dock bypasses the amp in the ipod and will sound slightly better than if you plugged the cable into the headphone jack. Thats the only option I know of other than fm transmitter but that won't sound nearly as good. I'll upgrade my 3rd gen ipod when apple releases one that has either digital coax or optical audio out.

·
Registered
16,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazk13
The audio out on the dock bypasses the amp in the ipod................
are you sure about that? the iPod's volume control still works and affects the playback level when the dock is used.

·
Registered
381 Posts
When using the audio out on the dock the volume control on the ipop is bypassed. If this isn't the case on yours, there's something wrong with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This may be off the subject, but I have to try...

I've got an Ipod connected via an 1/8" headphone to rca cord into a denon reciever. My speakers sound fine with the ipod, but when I hook the 1/8" headphone to rca cord into the output of my computer, I get a very lound distinct buzz from my speakers.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

(the 1/8" wire is extending using cat5 wire, then terminated with standard rca connections on the other end)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.