AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am newbee. Recently i bought Denon DRA210 stereo amplifier (seperate system 50 WPC 8 Ohm 20Hz - 20kHz accoring to the manual). That has 8 terminal out for speakers. Impedence indicates A or B 6~10 Ohm and A+B 12~16 Ohm (this i cannot undestand at all). it has one pre out (i am assuming it's for subwoofer) L and R. what speaker configuration you suggest?. I had look 4 Ohm 80 Watts speaker pair and 8 Ohm 100 Watts speaker pair. both are Monitor Audio. both are sounding good in the studio. which one ideal for my configuration without any damage to either amp or speakers or what speaker configuration you would suggest? what subwoofer i should look for(Mono/Stereo)?.

Many thanks,,.

Ben

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Do you need to drive both speaker sets? It should do fine driving one pair, you can hook up 4ohm speakers but you won't be able to drive them as well. Either speaker pair would work fine.

Is that a sub pre-out or just pre-outs for the main speakers? If there is no sub pre-out then you need to hook up a sub via speaker level inputs and outputs.

As for a sub recommendation, what is your room size, budget, and listening habits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hello

Thanks Transmaniacon. I dont need to drive both speakers. this system is mainly for play Music/connect with i pod. I have seperate Home Theatre. my room area is about 150 suqare feets roughly. i add image here back of my amp. you can get clear idea. what subwoofer/speakers you suggest.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Your Monitor Audio speakers are still probably good, I would use one of those pairs for now. You don't have a sub pre-out on there, which means you need to find a sub woofer that has speaker level connections. What is your budget for a sub, and how big is your space?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My budget is around 400$. i hook up this amp for my very old ADC SoundImage pair of speakers which were there gathering dust. (probbaly you have not heard about that). WOW. sound was incredible. but one tweeter is not not working..so i decided to go for Monitor Audio. suggest me nice Sub for this price tag.

thanks

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Still need to tell me your room size and listening habits, is this for music or movies or both?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24481009

Your Monitor Audio speakers are still probably good, I would use one of those pairs for now. You don't have a sub pre-out on there, which means you need to find a sub woofer that has speaker level connections. What is your budget for a sub, and how big is your space?

Although the receiver does have left/right pre-outs on the back. I think a sub with left/right RCA inputs might be better.

This Reaction Audio BPS 212 subwoofer that is on closeout for $329 would work quite well.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24481465

A new company - and they are having a close-out?

They decided to stick with the more expensive turbo model with the more powerful amp instead.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bndck  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24481665

want to have a look on Reaction Audio sub. i'l update it

Here's the discussion thread for their sub s, and the owner answers questions.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24481009

He can use the AMPs RCA L/R outputs to go to the subwoofer amp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24481274

Although the receiver does have left/right pre-outs on the back. I think a sub with left/right RCA inputs might be better.
x2

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi,

Can someone suggest me if I can use Klipsch and Polk combination in my Home Theater. I will provide what I have.

1.) Receiver - Pioneer 5.1 VSX 522K(Not planning to upgrade right at this moment)

2.) Front Speakers - Klipsch Icon KB15

3.) Center - Klipsch Icon KC25

I was planning to buy the following...

Sub-woofer - Can I use a Polk?

Surround Speakers - Can I use the Bookshelf Polk Audio - 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Black Ash Vinyl?

Suggestions required - Can I combine Polk and Klipsch like the way I am thinking?

Thanks,

DB

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptiman  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24584449

Hi,

Can someone suggest me if I can use Klipsch and Polk combination in my Home Theater. I will provide what I have.

1.) Receiver - Pioneer 5.1 VSX 522K(Not planning to upgrade right at this moment)

2.) Front Speakers - Klipsch Icon KB15

3.) Center - Klipsch Icon KC25

I was planning to buy the following...

Sub-woofer - Can I use a Polk?

Surround Speakers - Can I use the Bookshelf Polk Audio - 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Black Ash Vinyl?

Suggestions required - Can I combine Polk and Klipsch like the way I am thinking?

Thanks,

DB

Your surround speakers do not need to match, the Polks should work fine. The same goes for a sub, but Polk subs are not very good. What is your budget for a sub? We can recommend something better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. For subwoofer I have a budget of $150. Will I get a good subwoofer in this price? What are the suggestions from your end?

DB

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1522488/best-speaker-and-subwoofer-combination-advice-please#post_24584465

Your surround speakers do not need to match, the Polks should work fine. The same goes for a sub, but Polk subs are not very good. What is your budget for a sub? We can recommend something better.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts