AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a budget of 450 dollars fro some front speakers in a bedroom setup. My receive is a sony strdh720 to power them what would you guys suggest for me to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ascend acoustic cbm170s would be plenty for a bedroom

·
Registered
2,889 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have a subwoofer and my room is 12x13ft.it dosnt matter tower or bookshelf which ever one would fit best I have room also I was as looking at the ascend 170se but I could probly go up in price more what do you think. Thank you for the replies.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those arx are a little over my budget. those ascend 170 have gotten good reveiws all over what do you think about those or the wharfedale 10.1 would you suggest just selling the sub or what

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well I own the 170ses. They are awsome speakers but were not made to produce deep pounding bass. They do go too like 45hz flat though (ill double check that) and the bass blends very well so it MAY BE less noticeable to some. If your not going to have a sub then theese would not be enough for ht IMO, again there amazing speakers just made to be run with a sub IMO.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
170s go to about 55hz not 45 sorry. The 10.1s should give u a little deeper bass however I have not heard them. If I had to choose between the two with no sub I would probably go with the 10.1s

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Could u sell the sub and save more for the arx speakers?

·
Registered
32,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33  /t/1482718/best-speaker-under-450#post_23553776

170s go to about 55hz not 45 sorry. The 10.1s should give u a little deeper bass however I have not heard them. If I had to choose between the two with no sub I would probably go with the 10.1s

55hz, In other words, sub required.

·
Registered
32,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/1482718/best-speaker-under-450#post_23553819

55hz, In other words, sub required.

I don't think the posted said he is not willing to use a sub, just that he really did not have a decent sub. Without know the locations available to place speakers/subs, it is hard to tell which way to go, book shelf with sub or towers. For HT, I would probably lean toward book shelf and sub. For music, a lot of tower speakers go low enough.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Okay I was under the impression his sub was not good enough and he wasn't buying another.

If u are intrested in a sub though a rd12w and the cbm170s would be an awsome setup for the bedroom imo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have room for a subwoofer and bookshelfs on stands or tower speakers i could possibly get the bic f12 that i have heard tons about i couldnt find the rd12w that you had mentioned. if i bought the sub i couldnt spend anymore than the ascend 170se on speakers/$340.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what would you guys say arx a1b vs cbm 170se or any other suggestion in the 300 price range so then i could buy a subwoofer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts