AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I already have a Procinema 1000(4) (a PC2000 as center) and I love that for movies. I need two floor standing speakers for karaoke once in awhile...

Since I already have Def Tech, I am thinking to get a pair of BP-8060ST and make a 7.1 (same brand and all match)

However, I heard Polk Audio A9 can do better for karaoke because it has bigger midrange drivers. Is that true?

Anyone use their BP-8060ST for karaoke? if yes, how well do they perform?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

What does "for karaoke once in awhile" mean? 

Just for family and friends in your theater room?

How big is the room?

How does it currently sound doing karaoke? What are the challenges?

If it's good for movies in the same (the current system), I'm not sure why it wouldn't be good for karaoke.

Do you have a sub with the Procinema set right now?

I'm not sure why the BP-8060ST would be better. If you're lacking midrange now, then you might wish for more midrange for theater too?

Bass coming from the towers is probably not the best locations in room for

The towers are one db more sensitive, so not much different.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqa4life  /t/1520172/best-speakers-for-karaoke-polk-audio-a9-or-def-tech-bp-8060st#post_24418215

Hi,

I already have a Procinema 1000(4) (a PC2000 as center) and I love that for movies. I need two floor standing speakers for karaoke once in awhile...

Since I already have Def Tech, I am thinking to get a pair of BP-8060ST and make a 7.1 (same brand and all match)

However, I heard Polk Audio A9 can do better for karaoke because it has bigger midrange drivers. Is that true?

Anyone use their BP-8060ST for karaoke? if yes, how well do they perform?

I would prefer pro audio speakers for karaoke, or have different sound system set up for karaoke

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibanez  /t/1520172/best-speakers-for-karaoke-polk-audio-a9-or-def-tech-bp-8060st/0_50#post_24436632

I would prefer pro audio speakers for karaoke, or have different sound system set up for karaoke
I know it's typical to use pro audio speakers for karaoke, so that'd be my first instinct too. 

But thinking about it, I figured the reason is that you have audience sitting off axis so you'd want good directivity control (pro speakers can have that as they're bigger and use horns) and you need more decibels (which pro speakers and amps also provide). 

But if the karaoke is in his media room with the same typical seating, then what's the use case for different speakers? 

I guess it could also be:
  • people using the mics and running volume control could be careless and blow speakers
  • you want your karaoke louder than typical tv/movies

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyleron  /t/1520172/best-speakers-for-karaoke-polk-audio-a9-or-def-tech-bp-8060st#post_24450024

I know it's typical to use pro audio speakers for karaoke, so that'd be my first instinct too. 

But thinking about it, I figured the reason is that you have audience sitting off axis so you'd want good directivity control (pro speakers can have that as they're bigger and use horns) and you need more decibels (which pro speakers and amps also provide). 

But if the karaoke is in his media room with the same typical seating, then what's the use case for different speakers? 

I guess it could also be:
  • people using the mics and running volume control could be careless and blow speakers
  • you want your karaoke louder than typical tv/movies

one more thing

it will also create feedback when you use mic in front of speakers that facing at you

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most of the Asians I know all use BmB speakers for their karaoke. I had used an BmB 3-way speaker for my HT once. It could dig deep without using a sub. I thought it was good sounding. I heard someone said beware of BmB counterfeit speakers out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.