AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,


I have been a long fan of B&W, so my natural choice is 803S, however I am not so sure regarding the synergy between Halo A21 & 803S.


What would you recommend as a best match (front-end speakers for stereo reproduction without subwoofer, drived by A21) for under 6000$?


I am listening mostly to Blues (e.g. Dr. John, B.B King), Vocals (i.e. Diana Krall, Natalie Cole), Soft Rock (Joe Cocker, Dire Straits)


thanks

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the amp - A21..

I received few replies from the manufacturer - Parasound - that technically there is no problem to drive any speaker..


Question is what people are using..

Is it a good match - B&W 803S?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12345 /forum/post/15520311


I already have the amp - A21..

I received few replies from the manufacturer - Parasound - that technically there is no problem to drive any speaker..


Question is what people are using..

Is it a good match - B&W 803S?

That amp will drive what ever speaker you decide on the question is what

speaker sounds great to you all of us on this forum will post our preference

and it may sound great to us but a dissappointment in some area to you

so here are my choices.

B&W 802D

Paradigm S8

Salk Song Tower

Dynaudio (you pick a model most everything i have heard of theirs sounds great.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech /forum/post/15520386


That amp will drive what ever speaker you decide on the question is what

speaker sounds great to you all of us on this forum will post our preference

and it may sound great to us but a dissappointment in some area to you

so here are my choices.

B&W 802D

Paradigm S8

Salk Song Tower

Dynaudio (you pick a model most everything i have heard of theirs sounds great.)

Thanks!

That exactly what I was looking for - YOUR choices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
872 Posts
Agree with Oztech, nice choices. I'd add the following:


Salk HT-3

Avalon Ascdendant (higher than $6K MSRP)

Kef Reference 201/2 (bookshelf)

Kef Reference 203/2 (higher than $6K MSRP but can be bought for that)


PS: Great amp and it will drive almost anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12345 /forum/post/15505239


What would you recommend as a best match (front-end speakers for stereo reproduction without subwoofer, drived by A21) for under 6000$?


I am listening mostly to Blues (e.g. Dr. John, B.B King), Vocals (i.e. Diana Krall, Natalie Cole), Soft Rock (Joe Cocker, Dire Straits)

You mostly listen to music? For me, it's roughly 80% music and 20% movies.


I'd go for best deal, and in general that can be found with dealer demos/closeouts, and sometimes used speakers (either from a dealer or a private party). See: http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?spkrfull


I run full range for my L/R, so I ref'ed the full range web page. I also run an A21 and am happy with it.


Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for prompt responses.


my room is ~400 sq. ft.


Actually, we mostly listen to movies than to music, but its music quality that matters to me, even if I had just 20-30 minutes a day.


802D is really a nice speaker, but its MSRP is 12K.. What about more "simple" models? Will they sound good with A21?


Did anybody owned or auditioned KEF 203/2 + A21?


Regarding Paradigm: I listened in the past to few models, and while I did realized the bass extension, I more liked the treble of kevlar speaker in B&W. I frequently listen to woman vocals and I think that's matter. However, I did not see the S8. Maybe it is different there, shall try.. But again, did anybody saw it singing with Halo A21?


thanks again

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,281 Posts
you could probably get some awesome sonus faber on agon for that. also second b&w also--802d goes for 8k on average there.

a used 803/4 d may be a good answer.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top