AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done any research on this yet? Any advice would be appreciated. Would like to stay under $150 if possible. The TV is listed as 63" wide. With the speakers on the side, though, I'm not sure how much the actual TV width would be. I'm still trying to find that answer also.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't have a great answer for you stand-wise, but you can see what the 60V500 looks like on the Sears website. I compared their picture of it to the 50V500 and it is definitely a different picture. :p It looks like the base of the TV is the entire width, just like (I think) it is on the 50's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are the dimensions:

Height 40-1/2 in.

Width 63 in.

Depth 20-1/2 in

Yes, the base runs the length of the tv, 63".

If you look closer at the Sears site for the 60V500 and the 50V500, there is an 11 page brochure that gives the most info on these tvs I have found on the internet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The direction is much appreciated. Time to go look at that brochure and see if this TV has to have a stand that runs the full width. They are hard to find.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im also looking for a stand for this tv(should have it in a week). does anyone know what the measurements are for the feet on the tv (width and depth), looks like im gonna have to get a stand that is slightly smaller than the tv itself since the largest one i can find so far is only 54".

thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
that looks pretty nice and looks like it will fit ok but damn, only 50lbs for the bottom shelf :( my reciever alone weighs more than that

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your receiver, stb, etc... is covering the center of the bottom shelf, you could put something under the shelf to help support the weight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the response guys !

can anyone who has one of these sets measure how far apart the feet on the set are ?

Thanks again

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HT, the only problem with the Oppli stand may be the weight. The 60V500 is over 100 lbs. (around 120 I believe). They list the max weight allowance for the Oppli at 154 lbs. You wouldn't be able to put much of anything but the TV on the stand. The price is sure right, though.

It also says on the Sears site (not sure how much of this is marketing hype) that the stand width should not be less than the width of the TV. This is on the 60V500 page. Don't know if this has to do with where the feet are placed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongo100
It also says on the Sears site (not sure how much of this is marketing hype) that the stand width should not be less than the width of the TV. This is on the 60V500 page. Don't know if this has to do with where the feet are placed.
Man, i missed that :( i havent seen many stands that are 63+ inches yet

i would get the hitachi stand but i dont think it will hold my components (Denon 5803, Denon 3800, Sony Mega Changer & Dish 721), im also planing on upgrading the 3800 and 721, anyone seen the shelf and clearance dimensions on the hitachi stand ?

Thanks Again Guys

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by l.i.t.e.
Man, i missed that :( i havent seen many stands that are 63+ inches yet

Yes, I'm starting to think it is time to get someone handy (which I am definitely not, but my father-in-law is) to build a stand for this TV. I'm sure a nice one could be done for much less than $600, and could be built as I want it, to hold what I want it to hold. Solid wood, casters, and cable management.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
The 60V500 is over 100 lbs. (around 120 I believe)
I've been told it's 139 pounds. It's got to be more than 120 lb, since the 50V500 is about 116 pounds or so.

I wouldn't trust the 60V500 to the Oppli. If you have IKEA on the brain, they have another stand called the "Magicker" that holds 220 pounds. I just bought it in anticipation of sticking a 50V500 on top of it. The stand is 25" inches tall (I like tall stands) but only about 51" wide, which means the 60V500 would hang six inches over each side. That may or may not be acceptable to you.

--Jefferson Morris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another problem you will encounter if you go with the Hit stand is the depth of the shelves. They are triangle shaped, which would cause the rear feet of your receiver and dvd player to be off the back of the shelf. The shelf angles back rather short and doesn't give you good component space. The Hit stand is also on 15.5" tall. Just from looking at it, the shelves appear to be about 8" apart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.