AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I have a Dish 6000 box, from which I mainly watch the 5 Sacramento DTV signals (3,10,13,40, & 58). However, the Dish STB is driving me crazy by not handling the HD/SD switch of channel 10 correctly (when 10-2 switches to 10-1, I have to go back into the local screen and re-add channel 61 to get 10-1 to show up). Also, I am tired of not being able to get both 3 & 58 at the same time (the Dish STB will not decode both at the same time).

Due to the recent Circuit City sale on DirecTivo units ($99 without any rebate to send in!! I bought 3 units!), I am slowly transitioning from Dish to DirecTV. Can anybody recommend a DirecTV STB that does not have any problems with the Sacramento local DTV stations (like contantly re-adding stations to the guide, etc)?

Thanks!

Don

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taron,

Which do you have experience with? Do you have any Sacramento-specific problems with any of the local stations? Do you get guide and program information from any of the locals?

Thanks a million!

Don

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Mits, Tosh, Hughes and Panasonic you will get the guide from the Satellite, a complete guide. (APG)

The DTC-100 you will get the PSIP information from the station:

KXTV- Full guide from the station

KOVR- Awaiting replacement equipment for the guide

KCRA and KQCA testing their equipment as we speak.

KTXL 40 no guide no plains this year.

The Sony can decode PSIP but not right now.

All units work great in Sacramento; if you want the complete guide now then get Mits, Tosh or Hughes.

If you want partial guide from the stations themselves get the DTC-100.

By the way I own a DTC-100 and a Mits receiver. Good Guys have most of them to play with. My recommendation is Mits, Tosh, Hughes or the DTC-100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.