AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking for a decent reciever for around the $250 range. I dont need it to do anything special, just a good reciever for around that price. Im sorry it might be a dumb question but thats what the forums for right! Im just not up to speed on my recievers as of lately. Thanks guys!!!

Clark Packard

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have a brand new receiver from the onkyo ht-sr800 that would be considerably less than that if you were interested (I got the 606 right after the HtiB and decided to keep the speakers).

However, I have seen the onkyo 605 for around $250 a few places I think. Though those may have been refurbs. You can always check a place like slickdeals.net for any great deals going on.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 /forum/post/14161656

Hey guys, im looking for a decent reciever for around the $250 range. I dont need it to do anything special, just a good reciever for around that price. Im sorry it might be a dumb question but thats what the forums for right! Im just not up to speed on my recievers as of lately. Thanks guys!!!

Clark Packard

i went with a new onkyo sr-506 when looking for the best receiver

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
If you're willing to go refurbished you can pick up the HK 247 for around $200 with full 2 year warranty from HKs ebay auctions, also might be able to find a refurb 605 close to your budget. New the onkyo 5 series 505 or 506 would probably be your best bet but you won't get audio over HDMI with those as you would one of the refurb models mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts