AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now im using the sub that came with my first theatre system. The Klipsch HD300. its a 6.5in rear firing sub. im looking to upgrade my system slowly. i just bought a new center. and installed two height channels. What would be the best sub in the $200 range? Im most likely looking to buy two. one for underneath each front channel. Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would a standard reciever be able to power that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok cool. thanks. the sub looks great

·
Registered
173 Posts
+1 on the JBL. I got the ES150 when it was on sale and I absolutely love it. For 200 you can't go wrong with the JBL.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Sutliff  /t/1468820/best-sub-choices-in-200-range#post_23217696

Right now im using the sub that came with my first theatre system. The Klipsch HD300. its a 6.5in rear firing sub. im looking to upgrade my system slowly. i just bought a new center. and installed two height channels. What would be the best sub in the $200 range? Im most likely looking to buy two. one for underneath each front channel. Thanks!

Polk PSW 505

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-12-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B000092TT0

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
I had 2 psw505's and they have alot of output in the 30-50hz range...however they do not have alot of output below 30hz. If that is not a concern for you then they are great reliable subs for the money. Imo get the klipsch rw-12d for 300.00 shipped and get another down the road if you want more. thats probably the best sub under 300.00 that offers fairly deep extension.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you can swing $300 definitely go for the Klipsch. I have heard nothing but great things about it but if not the JBL is a solid choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts