AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have been in search of a real good sub for under 500 dollars. I have narrowed it down to Velodyne dls3750 which is the 10 inch or the hsu stf2 which is the 10 inch. WHich of the 2 do you think would sound better.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more than velodyne whos been makign subs for god knows how long. I heard velodyne is supposed to be the best. I want people to give me feedback on whos tried velodyne and hsu and knows which of the 2 is best

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Eddy13, if you're comfortable with wood working... I'd recommend the DIY route.

Buy a 12" Adire Shiva or 15" Adire Tempest driver, then get a Samson S1000 pro-audio amplifier and build a box.

Here's what I did:

15" Tempest @ $150

S1000 amp @ $250 (used)

Wood and materials @ $100

I think you'll be alot happier in the long run. And the Adire site offers box building plans to make it all easier for you.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I want a sub that i can audition and i have 500 dollars. BAsically to me its down to the vtf 2 from hsu which is the 10 inch one the stf 2 which is the new model for the hsu and the velodyne dls 3750 which is the 10 inch one.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well given the DLS' price point I'd expect it to perform somewhere close to the CHT series. If you look at independent measurements, the Hsu VTF-2 performs closer to the larger SPL or HGS series subwoofers, so that's why I say my money would be on the Hsu. You can reference the ongoing list of "Nousained" subs to see the measurements I'm talking about.

http://members.cox.net/frankcarter/T...Sub%20Data.htm

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where did you pick it up and hey fabulous isnt the stf 2 the same type pf speaker and i thought velodyne made the best subs isnt the dls almsot a top of the line class

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy13
where did you pick it up and hey fabulous isnt the stf 2 the same type pf speaker and i thought velodyne made the best subs isnt the dls almsot a top of the line class
I don't really think there is a best sub in any category, more like what best fits your needs. Velodyne makes great subs and the DD subs are their best line but they are very pricey, below that is the HGS, then the SPL, and I'm not whether the CHT or DLS comes next. You might want to visit the Velodyne support thread here to get answers straight from Velodyne themselves.

Hsu says the STF-2 is suppossed to be like VTF-2 in max extension mode so that's why I posted the comparison.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:
more than velodyne whos been makign subs for god knows how long. I heard velodyne is supposed to be the best. I want people to give me feedback on whos tried velodyne and hsu and knows which of the 2 is best
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

Me?....after reading several reviews and threads...I'm going with the HSU.

Herm

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok but has anyone heard the velodyne and done compariisons over the the newer stf2 from hsu.. I just thought that velodyne was like the beemer of subs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.