AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I posted a thread a bit back about subwoofer selection, and need another round of input as the situation has changed a bit as to the size that I can fit into my spot.

Basically, I want some ideas as to the "biggest bang" in the smallest package... I had originally thought I would be able to fit upwards of 24" cubed, but now I would be pretty lucky to fit about 14" cubed...

I know that it will entail a sacrifice on output, etc on my part, but it is what it is... at least I can maybe get a better quality sub for a $600 budget because it will be smaller?

Thanks for any and all advice/input... it is kind of frustrating for me, but I want to be able to do the best that I can with my new restrictions...

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
You won't have much to choose from. I would be looking for a used Velodyne minivee in that budget and size restrictions.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Google SVS sb12-nsd

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD50U /forum/post/18163801

Google SVS sb12-nsd

SB12-Plus actually.... found here http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12plus.cfm

Nice potent little sub for its size, can't quite hit the really low stuff but a great little powerhouse.... bought one for my son, and it slams hard for music, not a good for HT, but it'll still give ya plenty....

I had to constantly tell him to turn it down, when he wouldn't listen I just cranked the hell out of my JL F112 in the middle of his sleep, he then got the message.... !!!!!

In fact, I got his used on the b-stock page, keep and eye out there if that unit suits your needs...
https://svsound.com/store/index.cfm?...category_ID=12

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info!!! I had been looking at SVS and Epik, and the stock situations have been disheartening... I have also been looking at eD.

Started a new thread as well - can maybe grab some additional room if I can place it in the recess with the TV and AV stuff... we'll see.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart /forum/post/18168439

If you can tolerate 14.5x14.5x14.5, you might look at http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/sealedvanquish.html . The only problem is that there are none currently available. But if you are interested, call Epik and ask about future availability.

All of Epik's subs are being discontinued. The Empire is the new sub, the only one available right now, presumably with new models coming soon.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Supercube III or a Sunfire.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD50U /forum/post/18170505

If you check your link the SB12-Plus is discontinued (and sold out).

The model I referenced is new and not released yet, but appears to be a close match to the OP's requirements.

Oh thank you, I haven't been caught up with that info.

Didn't know they dropped it for a re-do... It seemed like he was ref something totaly different, and he actually was...

Ultimately the best bang in a small package would be a JL F112, there is no other to compare with in its size - PERIOD !!! but it will cost you.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/18171849

It seemed like he was ref something totaly different, and he actually was...

Sorry, you lost me there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/18171849

Ultimately the best bang in a small package would be a JL F112, there is no other to compare with in its size - PERIOD !!! but it will cost you.

Yes, but did you miss the part about the budget?

The new SVS model I referenced is within ~$100 of the OP's stated budget; the F112 is nowhere near that so it's a moot point.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD50U /forum/post/18172577

Sorry, you lost me there...

Yes, but did you miss the part about the budget?

The new SVS model I referenced is within ~$100 of the OP's stated budget; the F112 is nowhere near that so it's a moot point.

What I meant was, you were ref the new subs that aren't available yet. And no-one knows when at this point...

I was well aware of the price point, I was just making a declaration about the "Best small sub" thats it...

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/18172681

What I meant was, you were ref the new subs that aren't available yet. And no-one knows when at this point...

Since the SVS web page says "coming soon", I assume that means coming soon, but only SVS knows exactly when that might be. It's usually not good business practice to discontinue a popular model with nothing to replace it on the horizon.

If the OP has the 3X budget for an F112 go for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts