AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confined space and I am looking for a new sub because I need some pretty decent output. Where the sub is currently located and the max it can be is around 15.5 inches in width, depth and height are no problem. I am trying to keep the sub(s) under $1000. I have a smaller room currently but will be expanding shortly. I have previously had hsu and svs subs in the past. I was wondering though if anyone had any good solutions that would have a large amount of bass but fit in my confined space. I have looked at a pair of epik legends, axiom ep350, hsu vtf 2 mk3, or potentially a rythmik fv12 though slightly large. I have had many high end subs in the past but have never heard any of the above models so if anyone can provide some personal feedback it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I would look at the VTF2 or Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus. I wonder how the Epik Legend would perform with the drivers so close to surfaces. Probably wouldn't be so bad considering the grills eat up 2" of width.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea in will somehow make that fit haha. I am leaning towards the epiks because I think they would have about the most output for my budget.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack31489 /forum/post/20852401

Yea in will somehow make that fit haha. I am leaning towards the epiks because I think they would have about the most output for my budget.

Except the height (18") and depth (20") exceed your "15.5" by a large margin ... so does the width unless you plan to run sub without the grills.

Quote:
Where the sub is currently located and the max it can be is around 15.5 inches in width, depth and height are no problem.

Epik Legend Specs

Size: 18 H x 15 W x 20 D (13W w/o grills)

So if now you're saying you can fit a sub that size in your room and your budget is $1k, that may change things.

Also, you said "sub or sub(s)", are you saying you can fit two subs that are the size of the Epik Legends but dont want to spend more than $1k?

Just wanted to clarify as your original post is somewhat confusing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i worded that very confusing. I have 15.5 in in width. Height and depth there are no restraints whatsoever. Sorry for the confusion. And yes, if I can get two subs that are no more than 15.5 for around 1k I would also be willing to do so.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Actually, re-reading your quote I think it just confused me (
).

As Shady mentioned, this seems to fit the bill quite nicely in terms of size and price point ...

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2-mk3.html

If you plan on crossing your mains higher than 80hz, maybe the Epik Legend would be a better fit...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think if you were to stack two Legends you have some pretty great output for under $1,000

You'd be working with over 450 sq/in of driver surface area with two 300 watt amps...not bad! Should move a pretty good amount of air.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilberg266 /forum/post/20893177

I think if you were to stack two Legends you have some pretty great output for under $1,000

You'd be working with over 450 sq/in of driver surface area with two 300 watt amps...not bad! Should move a pretty good amount of air.

There might be some issues with each woofer only having about an inch to breath with that placement.

A stacked pair of ED A5S-300's would come in right at $1k, and basically equal the legends due the much higher excursion of the driver and almost double the power.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack31489 /forum/post/20851491

I have a confined space and I am looking for a new sub because I need some pretty decent output. Where the sub is currently located and the max it can be is around 15.5 inches in width, depth and height are no problem.

Depends upon what you're referring to when you say confined space. You give "max" dimensions, yet most of the units you mention don't comply with them, so I assume you mean the viewing area is small. Or not.

Either way... since you've owned SVS in the past, why not again? Unless you had a problem, or didn't like them for some reason, perhaps the SB12-NSD is one to consider. Velodyne makes some highly regarded subs in your price range as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.