AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Velodyne DLS 5000R. I've had it nearly 5 years and love it, lots of deep powerful bass and good tight response.

Well now I want more sound, and I was thinking of getting a second subwoofer, something smaller to give me more power in the higher bass ranges.

I was thinking of maybe a Velodyne MiniVee or something of that nature but I don't want to drop a lot of money only to find out that the subs don't play nice together.

Anybody have any recommendations of subs that would pair nicely with my DLS 5000R?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The DEQ-R series will match well with the DLS-R series. You can use the mini-vee, but the return on having a sealed 8 inch sub in the room will be lost by the 15 inch bass reflex design sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob,

I haven't had the chance to hear any of the DEQ-R series yet, but I will look around to see if anybody here on the east coast of Canada has one in a showroom.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I'd just get a second DLS-5000R. I've read this sub doesn't go ultra low but has nice midbass slam.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The DLS-R series may not be as readily available in stores, it has been in production for several years now, and the DEQ-R series has improved performance and features at a comparable price point. Originally the DEQ-R series was to replace the DLS-R, but a few vendors wanted to continue to offer the product, so it lives on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.