AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a weakness, that is I'm a bass whore. I have a 1200W sub in my car and just love it. I never BLARE it, but the addition of bass that you can just feel just adds so much depth to the music (for me) that I can't do without it.

Having said that I'm moving into an apartment (kill me now).

So what is the best arrangement that I can have that will maximize the bass that I can have and feel while minimizing the annoyance to our wall-neighbours?

I don't mind a setup that has the potential to annoy them, and I understand that I will likely have to have it turned down most of the time, but I'm sure that I can strike a deal with them to occasionally get a nice groove going...

So what can I do? Multiple subs? Closer to the seating area? mount it under the cushion? :p

Curious to know your ideas and what other people in a similar situation have done.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
856 Posts
A lot of people use Subdudes to minimize bass annoyance for others...

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
One thing that will help is to get a bipolar "force cancellation" design so that less vibration is transmitted into the floor. Or a sub platform. Further from adjoining walls will help. Bass transducers for the couch will sure help for feeling the bass.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read that some people find that even with isolation the vibrations travel through just about anything and can be quite annoying to neighbours. Would it work any better to use "multiple" isolation layers? Like (for the sake of argument) say putting 2 SubDudes, one on top of the other? I'd imagine that this would further reduce the vibrations, however I guess it depends how much is directly being transmitted through the isolation medium vs from the air vibrating in the room and hitting the floor/walls. Has anyone tried anything like this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.