AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recommendation for a subwoofer that's less than $300. It will be used primarily for movies. Got any suggestions?

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 /forum/post/18216278

He said his budget is $300. The HSU is $300 but you have to add $29 for shipping so it is NOT a true $300 sub.

In that case then, it's $20 more for the A2-300... You get a 12" woofer with the ED also as compared to the 8" HSU.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
If $300 is your max go with BIC Acoustech PL-200. I got mine from Sound Distributors for $296 shipped.

I've seen this sub recommended a few times for something in the $300 or less price range. Does anybody know how it compares to the BIC VK-12? It looks like they both have the exact same amplifier.

The PL-200 will go 2 Hz lower and has slightly higher sensitivity. Otherwise, I can't pick up on much of a difference. I'm asking because I found the VK-12 for about $80 less than the PL-200 and am trying to determine if the additional $80 is worth it for what seem to be relatively minor differences.

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.p...pe=8&spkrID=85

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.p...pe=8&spkrID=86

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david118383 /forum/post/18217068

Does anyone have an opinions on Klipsch subs?

Not many here will. I tried to ask about a Klipsch sub before buying mine. I believe there was only one other person this board that replied stating they owned one. Everyone else buys 1 of like 4 subs.

As someone who purchased the SW-450 a few weeks ago, I can say that I think it's a really good sub. I use my sub for movies also and once I played around with the settings, I found that I actually had way too much power but having too much power is a good thing.

The Klipsch line can be found at a local big box store so hearing one before buying one shouldn't be a problem.

The SW-450 is a 10" sub with 450watts of power and there's also the SW-350 with 350 watts but is only 8".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts