AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit /forum/post/20882853

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/categ...062e5493f7en01

I really know nothing about subs. Can I get a good one at that price? Should I spend a few extra dollars? Would it be worth it?

I want something that I can feel in my chest when I'm sitting 10 feet away

This isn't car audio. You need multiple high output subs to pressurize a room like that. If that really is your goal, and budget, pro audio subs are what you should be looking at. You will have to sacrifice bass below 35hz. Start looking at subs like this Behringer 15 for a little over your budget.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/20882980

[/b]

This isn't car audio. You need multiple high output subs to pressurize a room like that. If that really is your goal, and budget, pro audio subs are what you should be looking at. You will have to sacrifice bass below 35hz. Start looking at subs like this Behringer 15 for a little over your budget.

Well I just picked up a 6.1 receiver it has 2 sub woofer in on the back. If I buy one of those 10 inch and then maybe another down the road. Will it happen? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240 /forum/post/20887569

Why FS only?

its like a 5min walk from my house and I don't pay tax. Anyway I just got a credit card so any Canadian site would work or American? if the shipping isn't outrageous.

I live in Vancouver B.C. so stores around here are fair game as well.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit /forum/post/20887563

Well I just picked up a 6.1 receiver it has 2 sub woofer in on the back. If I buy one of those 10 inch and then maybe another down the road. Will it happen? Thanks for the reply.

Not with the subs you're looking at. I'm guessing you have some kind of discount at FS? Even with that, you will get a better deal buying off the internet with everyone else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/20887594

Not with the subs you're looking at. I'm guessing you have some kind of discount at FS? Even with that, you will get a better deal buying off the internet with everyone else.

Ok give me some good websites and deals?

Ill probably be buying a sub in 3 weeks anyway. I'm just the type of person who likes to pick stuff out and plan ahead with my money. Less problems that way I find.

If you can give me pointers or tips on what I should be looking for that would be great. That way I don't have to ask here. If I can find a good sub my self all the better. I just have no idea hence this post.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit /forum/post/20887587

its like a 5min walk from my house and I don't pay tax. Anyway I just got a credit card so any Canadian site would work or American? if the shipping isn't outrageous.

I live in Vancouver B.C. so stores around here are fair game as well.

Nathan Funk of Funky Waves builds subs on the Sunshine Coast. Whatever your budget is, he will build you something way better than the same dollars from FS.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1
That 15" Velodyne on sale for $600 is the only sub I would consider from there.
is that a good deal though? Should I suffer and wait? and get better one for cheaper within the next few weeks?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit
is that a good deal though? Should I suffer and wait? and get better one for cheaper within the next few weeks?
That's actually is a pretty decent deal at that price. That sell ends tomorrow, so unless you have somewhere else you can get a sub from, I would probably jump on it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Another option is to find your local Paradigm dealer and see what you can buy a DSP-3100 for (you'll have to go in, they will only quote MSRP over the phone).

It's all about finding what works for your needs (audio, cash and timing).

Have fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.