AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty sure that I'll be running the power cord from my projector to one side of my theater, and the screen, bluray player, receiver and audio etc on the opposite side. Since I'll only be plugging in the projector, I'm wondering if anyone knew of some single outlet surge protectors that were as good or close to the 'normal ones?" Or some good ones with like 4 or less outlets?

I'm probably going to get the APC Performance SurgeArrest Surge Protector, and it seems pretty silly to get another one just to plug in one thing (though it's the most important/expensive component of my theater.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I'm pretty sure that I'll be running the power cord from my projector to one side of my theater, and the screen, bluray player, receiver and audio etc on the opposite side. Since I'll only be plugging in the projector, I'm wondering if anyone knew of some single outlet surge protectors that were as good or close to the 'normal ones?" Or some good ones with like 4 or less outlets?

I'm probably going to get the APC Performance SurgeArrest Surge Protector, and it seems pretty silly to get another one just to plug in one thing (though it's the most important/expensive component of my theater.)
This one is designed to mount behind a flat panel, has 2 outlets and is rated for 8 Amps. It's made by SurgeX, Model SA-82. It sells for $179 + $2.99 shipping at Newegg. Another unit is the ZeroSurge 2R7.5 (7.5 Amp) or 2R15 (15 Amp) both with 2 outlets. http://www.zerosurge.com/residential/residential-products/2-outlet-models/

I have both the SA-82 and the SurgeX 2R15's in the house.

Both of these units are Series Mode devices and not MOV based surge suppressors. You basically buy one for life as they don't wear out, unlike MOV based surge suppressors which can only sustain so many hits before they have to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts