AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is moving into his first house and wants to set up an inexpensive surround package with his tv and playing cd's. I remember reading a post a while back about how good the Yamaha package was but I can't seem to find it. What packages are out there with great sound at a low price and where can they be bought.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
you mean a complete home theater in a box? or just speakers and amp? in case of the latter, he's better off with good computer speakers, below a certain price point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he's interested in the complete home theater in a box type. One price for the whole setup. best package at the best price...any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Go to www.crutchfield.com and have a look there. I have no clue about this stuff, but wanted to point you over there as they have a lot of products and free shipping both ways, :) On $200 or more you get free shipping to you, but return shipping is always free. And you have 30 days to check em out and decide.

·
Registered
663 Posts
do a search for "onkyo HTIB". onkyo makes a home theater in a box for a good price that gets great reviews. posting a budget would help us help you - "inexpensive" is very subjective.

a friend of mine has a higher end yamaha HTIB and it sounds suprisingly good.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just set up my HT with Mirage Omnisats around, ceiling mounted. For the price, these really do sound good, if you like the styling.

"Old School System"

Adcom A6000

Denon AVP8000

Velo FSR12

Sony DVP S7000

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You don't mention budget, but if $500-$600 is in your range I would seriously consider the new Hsu Research Ventriloquist system that will be out at the end of October. HR is famous for their subs, but they have designed a killer sub/sat system that from what I read will be hard to beat for the price.

For more mundane systems in the

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Have a look at the Velodyne Deco system , available at Circuit City and the Good Guys. It comes with an SPL-800 1200watt(600rms) subwoofer in disguise which sell by themselves for $999. The whole system in only $999 or less.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Well, if you are talking in the $1,000 range the best speakers at that price at the Ascend Acoustics packages, which include the Hsu Research VTF-2 sub for under $1,100 as I recall.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rrenaldi
Check your PM, I have the Energy Take 5.2 system (including the S8.2 sub) for sale if you're interested.

Thanks,
I'll take a peek if the original poster isn't interested. pm me some info and a link if ya got one handy. TIA

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith901
You don't mention budget, but if $500-$600 is in your range I would seriously consider the new Hsu Research Ventriloquist system that will be out at the end of October. HR is famous for their subs, but they have designed a killer sub/sat system that from what I read will be hard to beat for the price.
I will also give the Ventriloquist system an endorsment. I have heard it twice, and for the price...it is quite impressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.