AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I just purchased 2 Infinty Primus P362 floor speakers, Infinity PC350 Center Channel, a Marantz Sr7002 Receiver, and an AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Which surround speakers would be my best bet to purchase...for under 200 a speaker?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you have a Fry's near you, they might occasionally have Infinity Primus P362s on sale for $99 each.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
^ What he said.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How about one of their satellites? Has anyone tried Infinity SAT800 or SAT1200 wall mountable speakers. I have the same front (2x362s -- bought at Fry's) and center (350) and I would like a smaller speaker that hides with the rest of the room decor. I can handle big front/center speakers, but I would love small rear/surround speakers. I come from Bose world, and I still like them for how they hide on walls. Too bad they don't perform as good as these Infinity primus speakers.

Do I have to voice match the speakers (same manufacturer) for rear and surround speakers too? Or, can I just hang on to my Bose for rear? I could also move the spare front Bose speakers to surround to create 7.1 setup? Ofcourse I will run both rear and surround through their acoustimas module. Would it work? Or am I going to miss anything? Trying to save from having to spend more money?

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarkmyers /forum/post/14331918

If space is an issue then Primus 162's would be best, then 52's, then 42's.

What he said as well, but if you have room go get another set of 362's because it will sound better...some of the Frys have it on sale again for $99 here in So.Cal, but I dunno about your location.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You can even go 7.1 with six P362s at that $99 per piece price. :p You'd have to have a pretty big room for that setup though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts