AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a very good pair of surround speakers to match the following system: Onkyo 797 receiver, Panny RP91 DVD, Pioneer Elite 520HD RPTV. I have Polk Audio Monitor M5 Series front speakers and a matching Polk Audio center speaker. I also have a subwoofer. The speakers will be wall mounted on the side of the listening area, pretty much in a corner. While I don't want to break the bank, I would like to get a good set? Are dipolar speakers the right choice? Which ones? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well if you have Polk speakers, why not strongly consider their f/x500s. I also have the Onkyo 797 and Polk speakers. My fronts are RT800's; center is the CS400; surrounds are f/x500's; and my rear surround is a single RT35.

This setup sounds wonderful--far better than with my recently retired Nakamichi AV-500. Some think Polks are too bright, which I had reluctantly acknowledged with the Nakamichi, but now powered by Onkyo, they sound glorious.

My only reservation is that I may soon decide to pick up the Onkyo M-282 two-channel power amp and two more f/x500's for the rear surround channel, as a single rear surround can sound more distracting than enveloping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.