AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at receivers from denon, yahama, onkyo & HK. Is there a time of the year when most companies release there new products? I typically try to get a good deal by buying previous years models on most everything else. Do companies just release whenever? Whats the rule of thumb of this? Any input is appreciated!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Companies release their products "whenever", as you say, they're ready to release them (and I use the term "ready" loosely as is evidenced by how many times consumers can have problems or need to do firmware upgrades). More often than not, a product will perform as advertised for the primary functions.

You can go crazy trying to anticipate these release dates as they vary not only from manufacturer to manufacturer, but also within a company itself. Release dates between model series from larger manufacturers can often be measured in months, while those from smaller companies like Adcom, Arcam, Nad and Rotel, can be meaured in years! In general, anytime you have 2 different model numbers in the same series (e.g. Denon 2808; 2809, Onkyo 805; 806, etc...) available for purchase, you know that you at the crossover points between "this year's" versus "last year's" models.

You could also try contacting each manufacturer you're interested in and ask them when they plan to release the new version of a particular line or model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i was looking for. Too bad its not as simple as every fall everybodys new models come out. Appreciate the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts