AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My brother has a Samsung UN55F7100 LED TV. He is not happy with the calibration settings. He has tried many different calibration settings and is still not satisfied. He does not like the bad viewing angles, and lastly, he does not like the LED lights shining through from the sides at night.

He is looking for the best TV under $2,000.00. Whether it be LCD, LED, or Plasma, he wants the very best. He is interested in 50-55". He watches everything from ESPN to Starz.

Any input/advance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA8686

·
Registered
20,759 Posts
Most likely the 51" Samsung F8500 (Plasma). It's a top of the line set with little to no competition since Panasonic left the game.

He may also want to check out the new 2014 Vizios that have FALD which may help with his dislike of the edge lit models. They should fall within his budget. If he wants 3D though he'll have to look elsewhere since Vizio won't have it in sets this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
If he's specifically interested in LED then he'd probably want to take a look at the Samsung F8000 (I own) or the Sony W900A. Both are 2013 TVs but are a great value considering the newer 2014 models are coming out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts