AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BNC, Type F, or RCA. Assuming equal quality connectors, does one type of 75ohm connector have any advatage over the others? I'm not concerned about how easy or difficult it is to make, use, screw in, etc. Just the quality of the electrical connection itself.

The reason I ask is that I need to make a couple of custom cables to go from my de-interlacer to the projector (old Sony VPH1031Q with messed up RGB input connector). All of the components will be rack mounted in a side wall. There will be a patch panel in the rack to make connections at the component end. There will also be a wall-mount (ceiling-mount?) connection plate at the projector. So, I need two cables...

1) Between de-interlacer and rack patch panel. I know that VGA to 5 BNC cables are available, but is BNC the best type of connector? I will need to make a custom cable at the other end anyways (see 2), so I might as well make two cables and use the best connection available.

2) Between wall-mount plate and projector. This cable will have to be custom because of the messed up RGB connector. Also, even if I go with a newer projector in the future with a normal HD15 RGB connector, does anyone make a cable to go from 5 BNCs to the HD15 end that would plug into the projector? I'm thinking it will need to be a custom cable no matter what.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch that last little bit about not being able to get a cable to go from 5 BNCs to a normal HD15 VGA input. I just realized that a VGA to VGA cable has the same gender on both ends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.