AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm new to the PS3.

I can't decide on XFPS or SplitFish FragFX v.2.

I really hate using the PS3 controller.

If you use the XFPS or SplitFish FragFX v.2.

Tell me what you like or don't like about them.

I need one or the other....soon

Finn

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I've never heard of the XFPS, but the SplitFish has gotten some good reviews, so I'd say go with that. I've been considering it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fragnstein or whatever interests me, but I am waiting for reviews. I got burned once with the fragfx... never again!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a frag fx v2 and love it

works great so far with killzone 2 , cod waw and bf1943 have not had it very log to put it through fear2 and fallout 3 yet but to date has made a big difference in my fps on a console attitude!

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I've got 2 Frag FX (wired) controllers that I got from another AVS member. If anyone wants em, I'll gladly part with them as I've never used them. I thought I'd need them but I got very comfortably with the regular Dualshock 3 controllers.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanSteve /forum/post/16942650

You should have a HUD contest to give em away!

No no, not giving this away, this is all about selling.

·
Registered
593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan /forum/post/16944690

Out of curiosity, how do you hold the controller? It seems with a stick and three shoulder buttons, that only leaves your pinky and palm to hold the thing. (Yeah, I know...run with it).

If it is like the FragFX, one of those should buttons doesn't do too much and isn't used that often (was the frag button or something I think, which had a few different functions to change the way the fragfx worked IIRC). So basically it is just the L1, L2 and probably a "sniper" button or something that will basically just change your sensitivity down for more "precise" aiming. Can't say for sure though on the fragnstein since I haven't used it.

For people who get it though, please post reviews. I am interested in the controller, but the FragFX had terrible mouse buttons that required you to push too hard to actually fire.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/16945425

Someone has posted first impressions of the FRAGnStein on the Bannco forum. Although he likes it a lot better than the Fragfx, the button sensitivity still seems to be a problem.

http://www.bannco.com/index.php?opti...opic=7&Itemid=

That is my review I posted up there.

I sent Bannco an email asking if there is an adjustment utilitly for the buttons. I'll post up if I hear back from them on it. If the buttons can be adjusted, I would be extremely happy with the FRAGnStein.

I like it now, and the mouse clicks are nice and sensitive, its just the other buttons that need work.

I am curious what other people will say about it as well.

-Gren

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a reply from Bannco almost within minutes of sending my original email to them.

Here is the response-

"The guys here are working on a tool to alternate the PS3 buttons and adjust the sensitivity to the buttons. I will let you know when its available for download."

That's good news, especially being able to adjust the button configuration. I can't wait for the utility to come out!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Which one is better?

I think it just might be the Bannco. Why? I own the SplitFish.

I bought a SplitFish FragFX V.2 controller a year ago. It broke in December. Since it has a 1 year warranty, I sent it back to SplitFish in Canada and they mailed me a new one. Two months later, it is now broke. I'm beginning to realize this company makes a really lousy product. I've read too many complaints about their quality and reliability. I don't think I'm going to get a new controller.

How do the Bannco FRAGnStein controllers hold up? Any better? How to they feel or compare the the SplitFish FragFX V.2 controller?

I see JR.com has the SplitFish FragFX V.2 for just $49 plus shipping. But, what good is a new one when they wont last a few months?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts