AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings one and all,

I am in the planning phase of finishing a 1900 square foot basement. The jewel of this makeover will be my 7.1 channel home theater. My configuration is:

Speakers: B&W CM9 (fr, fl)

Center Channel: B&W CM Centre 2

Surround: in ceiling CCM 818 (sl, sr)

Receiver: Integra DTR-70.4

Amp: TBD

UD: HELP!!!

I am really excited about my project. My question to the troops is: What is the best universal disc player I can buy for under $1300?

Thanks,

MLGamer........

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I think the general opinion is it would be the Oppo BPD-105 but if you will only be using HDMI with that pre-pro and not analog audio, then the BDP-103 (for less than half the price but with the same video and smart features) would probably be just fine.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JazzGuyy,

I just reviewed the specs on the Oppo BPD - 105. It appears to be very impressive. In the description section of the product summary page it said, "The BDP-105 also takes your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content to the next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press of a button". Does this mean that I can see virtually all my movies titles in 3D?

Thanks,

MLGamer

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Don't have a 3D TV so I have never tested this. From what I have heard, 3D conversion is very much hit or miss. Don't expect anything like what a true 3D encoding would produce. What you will get is a 3D effect not real 3D.

·
Registered
15,955 Posts
You would need a 3D display and 3D glasses that go with the display. I never use this function since I don't find it worth wearing the glasses for fake 3D. I agree with the Oppo 105 (if using analog audio), or the Cambridge Audio 752.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts