AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have decided that I am sticking with HDDVD for the long haul......regardless of the warner decision.....I figure we are getting top notch upconverting players that make the investment worth the price regardless especially if you go above the A2 or A3 models.

I have noticed how sometimes I watch a SDDVD and the transfer is so well done that it upconverts on my projector to the point where I would be almost as satisfied as if it were an HDDVD.

In Ya'lls experience what are the best SD-DVDs that you guys have watched on your toshiba? I rented the new die hard last week and for the first time my A20 sent a 1080p signal to my projector.....its only a 720p projector so normally I can't get the A20 to go any higher than that because of the HDMI/DVI handshake that limits my output to 720p(no matter the setting on the player)..........does anyone else know of any other SDDVDs that I could watch that would do the same thing? It was the best SDDVD picture quality I have seen so far when using my projector.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
WOW, there have been so many posts on this topic. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, do a search.

...Angelo

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The Star Wars DVDs all look really good upconverted. The 2004 SE versions of the OT & EpII & III look excellent. EpI is the least of the bunch, mainly due to it's transfer not being quite as good as the all digital II/III & the remastered OT.

The Indy Jones set is also nice. MI:III looks good, too.

Really, any recent DVD that has had a decent to excellent mastering job (most these days do) should look great upconverted by aTosh player.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured as much....I pretty much just stick to the ones that say "mastered in HD" in the cover.

I am still trying to figure out why that die hard disk actually got upconverted to 1080p.....has that happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
635 Posts
The extended editions of the Lord of the Rings look awesome upconverted.

Any of Sony's superbit titles look good since they were encoded at a higher bit rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.