AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Polk S60 tower speakers as my front left/right. Looking for a good pair of upfiring atmos speakers to pair with these. Any recommendations? I currently have the pioneer upfiring but I think that they're getting overpowered by the Polks.

Been looking at the Klipsch RP140 and RP500. Any other recommendations or thoughts? I live in a condo on the first floor so unfortunately can't install ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have a pair of Polk S60 tower speakers as my front left/right. Looking for a good pair of upfiring atmos speakers to pair with these. Any recommendations? I currently have the pioneer upfiring but I think that they're getting overpowered by the Polks.

Been looking at the Klipsch RP140 and RP500. Any other recommendations or thoughts? I live in a condo on the first floor so unfortunately can't install ceiling speakers.
If you are not dead set on the Klipsch, check out the SVS Prime Elevation Speakers. They can be used as up firing speakers or can be set up on the wall with an included bracket. I have 4 mounted to my wall, right below the ceiling and the work great for Atmos and DTS X and other height sound processing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWMX0AY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
8,553 Posts

Can you mount them "on" the walls? If so, mount your current speakers or one of the ones your considering on the front wall at the wall/ceiling juncture or better yet mount them at the wall/ceiling juncture directly left and right of the listening position.

The up firing Atmos speakers rarely work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks ended up getting these. Sounds good so far. One more question, I see a lot of discussion re crossover and levels on upfiring. I ran audyssey on my denon and it sets the levels as +1.5db crossover at 40Hz, seems low for the crossover? Things im reading say 100-150?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts