AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were looking for a TV that needs to be smaller in width than 36" to fit where we need it. That leaves us with 32-37" I guess. And one concern that I would like to take into account is STOCK SPEAKER SOUND while obviously having good picture quality.

I had to recently use a Sony TV, I think, where the sound was horribly weak when watching movies but okay for things like video games which was weird.

I was looking at the Panasonic TC-32LX14 32 and Samsung LN32B460B2D 32"

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Define "best value." Do you mean cheap? To me, best value means the best TV you can afford that gives the best picture and the best quality. So, while I would recommend a 37" Samsung B650 (which I've had for 2 months now), others may want a 32" piece of crap bottom-tier TV from a discount store.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/17041018

Define "best value." Do you mean cheap? To me, best value means the best TV you can afford that gives the best picture and the best quality. So, while I would recommend a 37" Samsung B650 (which I've had for 2 months now), others may want a 32" piece of crap bottom-tier TV from a discount store.

Best value when compared to the ones listed.

So a cheaper TV since we've been working with a pretty bad TV for a while now and TV isnt a huge deal here. It would just be nice to get up to HDTV and replace the one we have, but Im looking for a good one to do so with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/17041100

Buy a set of low cost computer speakers for sound. The speakers put into most flat screen TV's are sad.

That sounds good if all it needs is a standard audio jack. I have a decent pair I dont use anymore I could throw there.

haha, thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike415 /forum/post/17041072

Best value when compared to the ones listed.

So a cheaper TV since we've been working with a pretty bad TV for a while now and TV isnt a huge deal here. It would just be nice to get up to HDTV and replace the one we have, but Im looking for a good one to do so with.

That's what was confusing me since the title of your thread mentions a 37" or 32" TV and the ones you have listed.

In any case, I'd probably choose the Samsung of the two you've listed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/17041178

That's what was confusing me since the title of your thread mentions a 37" or 32" TV and the ones you have listed.

In any case, I'd probably choose the Samsung of the two you've listed.

Thanks, sorry about the confusion.

Any other thoughts for TV's in the same category that might be better?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike415 /forum/post/17041192

Thanks, sorry about the confusion.

Any other thoughts for TV's in the same category that might be better?

I don't know which Sony TV you were looking at, but I really like the new Sony Bravia L-Series KDL-32L5000. I think it's one of the best "value" priced 32" TVs on the market. I don't think you will find any 32" TVs with great speakers, but at least the Sony's are front-firing rather than bottom-firing like the Samsung and I think the Panasonic as well. The 32" Toshiba (sorry, don't know the model number) has front-firing speakers also and some people on this forum love their Toshibas.

Good luck in your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts