AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new 4k TV for my son.

His primary uses are console gaming and movie watching.

Maybe 55-60".

Any thoughts some good value TV's that won't be terrible for gaming?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for a new 4k TV for my son.

His primary uses are console gaming and movie watching.

Maybe 55-60".

Any thoughts some good value TV's that won't be terrible for gaming?
Iunless pure buying it to use with a PC, both PS4 and Xbox One have hdmi 2.4 chips so the color and frame rate will be limited if they ever do update for 4K.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
All 2015 Samsung tvs are mid 20s input lag, they were all over 50 last year. I don't believe the new Sonys have any lag info out yet but should soon.
The new 2015 Vizio M-series has an input lag of 18.5 ms which is the second lowest value of all time on rtings.com. However, everyone else is going to tell you that the Vizio set is no good for gaming because of motion blur or upscaling. The upscaling was an issue with previous Vizio TVs but all indications are that is very much improved and actually on par with sets costing almost twice as much.

For 50%-75% of the price of other sets, the 2015 Vizio M-series TVs should work for most gaming needs. Sure there will be a few TVs that might be marginally better in certain areas. However, they will also cost almost twice as much.

I am going to use a 55" 2015 Vizio M-series for my PC and PS4 gaming needs with a 6-8 foot sitting distance. For $999 you simply are not going to get a better value TV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts