AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpspfan
I am going pick-up my Pn58c500 tomorrow at BB and I am needing a HDMI for my ps3 to the TV what should I look to buy? That is a reasonable price.
Monoprice are around the cheapest with good results, they're made in China. I prefer the Bluejeans cables, they are higher quality, made in the U.S. and use the broadcast industry Belden bonded-pair design. I use the Bluejeans Series-F2 HDMI wire, they're for shorter runs 10 feet and under, for longer runs use their Series-1 wire. NEVER pay more than $20 bucks for a HDMI cable under 10 feet long.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppopioneer
I prefer the Bluejeans cables, they are higher quality, made in the U.S.
Only certain Blue Jeans cables are assembled in the USA!!

The rest are made in China ... probably by the same people who make them for Monoprice.

See HERE for the word from the horse`s mouth.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The rest are made in China ... probably by the same people who make them for Monoprice.

There are many, many companies in China manufacturing and assembling cables. Monoprice to me looks more like a front for one such factory.

Now as far as assembly in the states, I have done it and am doing it. I have experimented with cable from ten companies so far including some made here in the states. The connectors are another matter, those I can only find in China and some work better than others.

Monoprice cables are cheap and their selling in volume and offering lifetime replacements in volume is certainly one approach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts