AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not starting a religious war by posting this question. :)

I'm connecting an HTPC to a Sony 1272Q (ceiling mounted), and I estimate I'll need a 25-35 foot run of video cable. I'm willing to spend the extra dough if it produces a meaningful improvement in PQ, but I always love a bargain. I've asked a friend for suggestions, but I thought I'd tap into the wisdom here as well...

What do you use / recommend for a budget solution with great results?

Would like to keep this under $100 if possible, to give you an idea of "budget," but that is not firm.

Thanks,

Johng316

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Just started looking into these as well.

Markertek has a 25' double shielded HD15 to 5 BNC cable for $82.99. They will do custom cables in greater lengths too.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would also recommend avcable.com. I purchased a 16' RCA-BNC and a 3' VGA-BNC and the cables are top notch and not outrageously expensive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Hey,

The one in the auction looks identical to the cables at PCcables but it's more expensive (twice the price.) And you have to deal with ebay instead of a real store.

Here's a direct link to a 25' cable for comparasion you will see the cables are identical. Note: I would link the 35' cable but the pic on that page seems broken.

http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...les.com&rcode=

This is the route I went and I'm satisfied. Someday I may do the right thing and buy bettercables though.

Good Luck,

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.