AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a 3DFX Voodoo 3500tv in my desktop machine (1.2ghz TBird), but it I can't seem to get a correct ratio capture for mpeg2 at full Pal resolution (756x576 IIRC) - it plays back vertically squished to the left of the playback window, with interferrence in the remainder, or a frame repeat (looks like 1st & last frame). Half resolution is fine. I'm using the 3DFX tools, and also virtual dub, both with the same results.

I'm thinking of dumping the 3500tv for a Radeon (64meg DDR), and Pinnacle PCTV rave (which I've also got in my htpc).

Would the PCTV be better for capturing full res mpeg2? Or is there a problem with my system which is stopping me capturing at full res?

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Premier is a powerful tool software see if one of those capture cards support it.

Check what software is bundle with the card.

I try each one out having 30 to return in most stores.

I've had a pinnacle DC30 for I while and it seems to acted different with each of my computers.

Good luck Hugo

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do.

Thanks for the input.

BTW - Which Premier software are you refering? I tried a search but got millions of hits, none of them were for the software you mentioned (as far as I could see).

Gary.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Adobe premier.

I dont know if you've check out ATI all in wonder.

There are many people here that have that card but dont know how it performs in capture mode.

Hugo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.