AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is going out of town on buisness(contracting), he is staying in a hotel room. Basically, he wants to use his computer as a DVD player and output it to a TV in his hotel room, thus using the TV as a monitor for both internet and DVDs. Can someone recommend a video card(preferably under $100) that can do this well? Also, with the sound, he can just a get 1/8th stereo jack to RCA convertor for the audio right?

Thanks much

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Full size card? Is he slugging a desktop around? What a PITA; I got a dell laptop with a 9800 on the mobo, and it has s-video out on the back, only cost me just over $600.

Is buying a laptop an option, or is there a need for him to lug his desktop around?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
AFAIK many hotel commercial grade TVs have the ability for the hotel staff to lock down the confituration which can includ e blocking of use of any external video and audio input ports.

Aver Media makes some inexpensive Scan Converters for converting VGA output to S-Video/composite which may work ok for DVD playing but are not very good for PC applications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.