AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 37" Vizio VW model and am disappointed in a few areas. One problem I have is the viewing angle doesn't seem real good. Which brand(s) are the best in this aspect? I need to stay under $600 (and I may need to go to a 32" as the 37" size seems to cause my wife to have motion sickness..but at least that will allow for a higher quality unit) and have considered: Panisonic lx85, Sammy 450, toshiba (not sure of model), or a VO series Vizio. Others?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Panasonic definitely has the best that I've seen. Unfortunately, the 2008 models are discontinued (apparently), and they've shot up in price recently from retailers that still have stock. But AFAIK, that is the best choice if you require good horizontal viewing angles. You can still find the TC-32LZ85 for under $600, but it was available for under $500 until just a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/15481104

Panasonic definitely has the best that I've seen. Unfortunately, the 2008 models are discontinued (apparently), and they've shot up in price recently from retailers that still have stock. But AFAIK, that is the best choice if you require good horizontal viewing angles. You can still find the TC-32LZ85 for under $600, but it was available for under $500 until just a couple weeks ago.

thanks for the info. a retailer has one locally for 550. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My 52" (GV52FHD) and 42" (VU42LF) from last year have excellent side angle viewing. Perhaps the panel for that model isn't very good. Have you looked at the Vizio XVT series?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What's IPS?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougeee /forum/post/15483684

I second the Panasonic choice, and great all around flat panels.

+1

I have the Panasonic 32LX700 (matte screen - 2007 edition) and also the Toshiba 52XV545u. The Toshiba is inferior by a wide margin to the Panny.

Too bad they don't make the IPS Alpha Provectus panel in a larger size than 37 inches. If it were available in a 50-52 inch model, I would have that rather than the Toshiba.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts