AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a multistandard interlaced TV with RGBs input that I would like to be able to drive from my Radeon LE equipped PC.

Currently I have managed to connect a Hollywood+ to the TV via RGBi with the green signal line paralleled to the sync to provide the required RGBs and it works fine, so I was expecting to use the same approach with the Radeon and sync-on-green.

I used Powerstrip and 7093 drivers to setup a 720x480i @ 30Hz output and, whilst I got an image of the desktop on the TV, the interlacing wasn't correct (some scanlines horizontally offset and scanlines overlayed rather than interlaced, plus the image vertically offset). The image itself was stable with no picture roll, so I thought the sync was okay. I couldn't find a preset for 720x480i, so it took a lot of adjustment.

The drivers also suddenly wigged out on me and wouldn't permit setting back to a progressive desktop that my monitor would display and it took a re-installation of ATI drivers before I could get things back the way they were. This instability is worrying for future interlaced VGA applications.

It looks like the VGA output is not being correctly interlaced with my setup.

Is there something I should be doing to force the correct interlaced output or is there a known inadequacy of the Radeon/drivers?

Would there be a better graphics card to use for this purpose? I favour the Radeon because the acceleration enables me to decode DVD and HDTV. Would prefer RGBi output rather than s-video, to maximise PQ, as I hear most s-video outputs are heavily filtered.

Ian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.