AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some fidelio velvet and want to attach it to a wood frame I built- Is there a certain way to staple the velvet to the wood so that you get a nice tight fit-e.g.- top first then sides or visa versa- this stuff is expensive so I want to do it right the first time- thankss, bill

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
you want to wrap each section of the frame by itself first, use Super 77 adheasive rather than a ton of staples you can use some staples as well,

Your best result will be if you make a bias strip and use that, but you would have some seams in that event. somewhere on this forum there are some great pictures of this very thing, but I can't find them. I have the pics on my computer, if you send me an PM with your email address I can send you the pics that I have of it.

Or perhaps someone else has a link to the original thread about it?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I just posted a question in SWithey's thread about how he did his before I saw this - his turned out great. You might want to check in on his thread when he posts an answer.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
If you're covering a large frame, the best way is the classic way is to start with a cross in the center. So you start by pulling really taut at the middle of one direction, and staple that, then go the other direction and staple that. At this point you have a cross basically that is pulled taut. Then you work your way out on the 4 sides pulling taut and stapling, this will ensure a taut and wrinkle-free surface.

For instance: http://www.rexart.com/stretching.html

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Bill,

OK, Chris's post open's a question. I guess you were not totally clear in your question, because I took it to mean you wanted to cover your wooded frame that goes around your screen which is the main reason people use the Fedelio. Are you in fact talking about fully covering an entire area like a panel with the velvet?

If so you might have had a better time with Black stetch Velvet such as I used for my screen wall. Cheaper and easier to work with and Acoustically transparent when stretched.

So not clear what you are looking to do for sure

Here is the stretched velvet on my wall.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCall /forum/post/0

you want to wrap each section of the frame by itself first, use Super 77 adheasive

That's what I did. It worked out great.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I used the same approach as outlined over in the SMX screen forum - The AT Woody Frame

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.