AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to clean the screen of my Panasonic 47WX49 RPTV and was wondering what is best to use.

I had some work done a while back on it and the technician installed a free protective screen. I recently noticed dirt in between the protective screen and the regular ones.

I had already taken it apart and cleaned it once using a soft cloth but I noticed more dirt after closing it back up.

Is there anything that is made for this type of screen? I don't want to scratch it but the clothe didn't seem to do the job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
My suggestion is a micro fiber cloth and distilled water. Isopropyl alcohol followed by distilled water if you have any "tough" stains. If you wish to use a chemical, then I'd visit an electronic store and pick up some screen cleaner. Although I've found them to somewhat greasy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use 409 glass cleaner it uses isopropyl alcohol and distilled water and some coloring on my screenshield....and have had good luck with it. Check the ingrediants before you buy.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Brown
Thanks! Do I have to go someplace special for the micro fiber cloth or is that available anywhere?

Thanks again.

Matt
Almost any automotive parts store and Target (in the auto section) should carry them. I'm sure they're other places as well, but that's just where I've seen them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.