AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make acoustic panels, covered with the deep burgandy fabric from GOM, but I dont know what material to use as the absorber of the sound.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2592

I want them to be rectangle like the red ones on the upper part of the walls in this thread above. I figured I would make a frame from 1 x 1's and wrap it is the GOM fabric, but what cheap material should i put inside the frame under the fabric?

and is there a calculation that helps you determine how many acoustic panels to use or placement of them? I am using them as decoration on a black wall, but i dont want it to sound like crap because i dont have enough or because every few feet there will be no panels, just painted drywall.

thanks

·
RETIRED theater builder
37,115 Posts
JM linacoustic

Go to their web site and under the commercial HVAC products section look for a dealer. What you want is JM Linacoustic RC.

One inch thick, 47.5 inch wide by 100 ft roll should run you between $140 and $200. What you don't use you can use to quiet duct work, dishwashers, Furnaces etc.

Or go to sensiblesoundsolutions.com and you can buy 2x4 panels of compressed fiberglass boards via his web site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.