AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a DISH 6000 system. I have never had a satellite system before; I have a very good relationship w/ an AV dealer here in Tampa, FL where I bought all my HT equ't; but they only sell Direct TV products, no Dish. I know SEARS sells DISH, but I am looking to find a knowlegeable dealer who can install and set up the system. I am not interested in doing the work myself, and price is a secondary factor. Am looking for suggestions, both local (to Tampa)dealers, and just general info on how you guys got into this to begin with, and what kind of experience level (or things to look for) typical contractors (including SEARS) may have. Appreciate any help http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Just go to www.dishnetwork.com and click on: 'customer service', 'installation', and 'contact your nearest retailer'.

This should do a search for places that will install it. That is what I did, I contacted several places (they all did alot in dish installs) and picked one that appeared very knowledgable and also less expensive.

If your a new customer dish will install it free and give you a $200 rebate. Check their web site for this offer (expires 7/31/01).

Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the website route; and got a list of nearby Sears. I also did another search by State, and got a list of (I think) 5 dealers, only one of which was local. Though they still have a website (the local dealer), they appear to be out of business, as there phone is disconnected and assigned to someone else. I went to Sears and looked at the 6000 reciever (It actually looks better than I was expecting; the box, I mean). The picture of couse didn't look good, as the display I saw didn't appear to be hooked up to output HDTV. I looked in the phone book also, and found some dealers there (havn't called them yet). The main thing I am confused about, however, is that both Sears and the DISH 800 number tell me that the way to do this is buy the reciever from wherever I want, then call DISH and they will send a local contractor out to hook it up; including bringing the dishes, cable, etc. Sounds like a weird arrangement to me. I would like to go to a dealer who is knowelgeable about both the equ't and installation, who will sell me what I need, then come and install it. I don't want to get stuck with the installing contractor blaming problems on the equ't and vice-versa. Is it possible to select who does the install, or not? Dish makes it seem like that is not an option. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/confused.gif

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
When I purchased my Dish 500 I had a Dish selected installer install it free. They did a great job (these guys do 4 to 6 a day). When I added my Dish 6000 I found a list of installers via the web site when I did a search by zip code and called all 5 listed. Of the 5, 2 sounded serious and one of the two quoted me a good price for the second dish + SW64 install.

I wouldn't worry about using the Dish selected installers.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.