AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just got into the HD world with the purchase of an HDTV this past weekend. I'm a DirectTV subscriber and would like to get a box so I can start getting the programming. I saw the standard box at BB for 199,but was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting it cheaper from maybe dtv or ?? I do't need the tivo just yet,but would like opinions on the box with the best picture,menus,OTA reception etc. I also want HDMI. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Call customer retention, tell them you are thinking about going to cable since the hardware is expensive to upgrade, see if they will give you any offers to upgrade to stay with them. Also, consider finding a used box, I wouldn't worry about it having HDMI, any of the models with DVI can be used with a simple DVI to HDMI adapter cable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it took a few calls to get a generous rep in retention,but it sure paid off! I got the H10 box,an OTA antenna,free HD pack for 3 months,$10 credit on my bill for 6 months,and installation on Friday! All for $99.00. BB had just the box for 199, but if you feel like working them a little bit you can get a nice deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.