AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm going to start building a new house in the next month wanted to get some opinions. First, the family room (16 x 20) is where everything is going to go. Everything I own is currently three years old. I have a Pioneer SD-533HD5, Marantz SR-7000, and Paradigm Monitor 9s w/ CC-350 and ADP-170 and PS-1000 sub. I am going to get a Denon DVD-1600 to replace my Pioneer DV525. So, should I just start at looking to replace the SR-7000? Also, what are the best speakers to use as surrounds in a 7.1? I would like to use in-wall / in-ceiling to conceal the surrounds but, not willing to sacrifice too much in sound quality. Sorry for rambling.

Thanks, Wade

·
Registered
117 Posts
As far as DVD and Amplifier if you are happy with the Marantz they will have new models coming and you should consider the new SR7400 7 channel AV receiver and also the new universal DVD DV6400.

For in-wall speakers Polk Audio will have similar model of their LSi for in-wall use.

I do like the M&K in-wall speakers.

As always Liston to everything and decide later.

Since you are building the room i would advice you that you decide in the system configuration you want ( 6.1, 7.1, 7.2) and start from there and hold purchasing to the last minutes as new models keep coming out all the time and do not forget to think about future upgrade ( projector maybe) so you will be covered

Best of luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as in-wall speakers would it be better to stay with the same manufacture so they will be timbre matched? Also, thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.