AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me this 46"x60" vinyl poster for my media room and I'm not quite sure the best way to go about putting it on the wall. I would really like to avoid doing the thumbtack method but it seems to be too large for framing (and maybe expensive)?

Just looking for ideas on how you guys would go about putting this size poster on your wall!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would build a simple artist frame for it. You would loose 2 inches in size but no big deal. The material for the frame should be about $30.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
How about black foamcore backing and double-sided tape

Victor

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was shopping with my wife, (objection noted), and wound up in one of those do it youself craft stores. Always on the alert I noticed some Black and Gold multiple picture frames leaning against the wall. I thought that they were close to the size of the Movie Posters I had at home, so I measured them, and the checked the size of the posters. Wow! almost exact size! Turned the cutout board around and placed the poster inside and instant framed movie poster. I spent under $20. for each one..........I ran out of room in my theater and they all match.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But what were the sizes?

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I wound up going the foamcore route.

Used duct-tape to get 2 pieces of foamcore together (they didn't have 1 full piece at 46" x 60") and used double-sided tape to tape the vinyl poster to the foamcore.

Then I used these 2 little sticky plastic hangers behind the foamcore to hang it on my wall. Taping the poster to the foamcore was somewhat difficult, trying to get it completely flat with no waves but it still looks good.

Now I am think I just might as well build a frame around the poster into the wall. That would serve two purposes - would keep the poster on the wall (I don't trust the plastic hanging doodads I put behind it) and give it a chance to flatten out maybe, or maybe the right amount of pressure to keep it flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts