AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a Yamaha RX-V793 receiver and just purchased the Polk Audio RM-10 with the PSW10 Sub. My question is the best way to set up the sub? Polk recommends speaker outs to sub then to speakers, others say the sub out of receiver to line in on sub. I do have sub out on my recever and Im going to set this up in my basement but before I do I want to find out the best way so I can purchase either speaker wire of rca cables? Also if I go line level I'd like to place the sub about 30 feet away from receiver (best spot) is that a problem? Thanks a whole lot, Chuck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the output on the receiver is one jack and the sub has 2 can I run just one single rca to the sub then split it with a y adapter at the sub rather than buy 2 rca cables for a 30 foot run? Also can I go with any audio rca cables for the line in on the sub?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwmlw /forum/post/0

Since the output on the receiver is one jack and the sub has 2 can I run just one single rca to the sub then split it with a y adapter at the sub rather than buy 2 rca cables for a 30 foot run? Also can I go with any audio rca cables for the line in on the sub?

You can do that, but just use 1 subwoofer cable and plug that into Left (either input will work) "Line in" input at the back of the sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.