AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new widescreen Sony TV that has the cablecard slot (34-xbr960). The cable guy came out and hooked everything up and it all works fine. I can not figure out a way to record the digital channels on my ReplayTV. Before I was using the IR blaster and could not watch a different show while the replay was recording. Right now I have the cable from the wall going into the Replay then out to the TV. This works well as I can record any show I want (analog only) and use the TV tuner to watch a different show (analog or digital). But in this configuration I can only record analog channels. I was wondering how others with a cablecard have their things set up.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The only way you're going to be able to record digital channels on the Replay is with a separate digital box. This kind of defeats the purpose of a cable card, but it's needed for the Replay.

If you have a dual tuner PVR available from your cable co., that may be a better choice. You can then use it both as a recording device for HD and a tuner for the Replay. This is what I'm going to be doing as soon as my HDTV arrives in the next week or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.