AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a dedicated home theater and will be using a set of used Jamo D 6 speakers (5xLCR, 2xSUR and 2xSUB, plus 4 ceiling speakers).

The D 6LCR speakers are designed to be mounted to the wall. I plan to do this right below the projection screen. However, I have been unsuccessful in find a "best" way of doing this.

Option 1) Maximize stiffness of wall (cross studs, back plate of 3/4" plywood spanning all the studs, maybe even cross studs behind drywall), and mount speakers directly on the large plywood plate

Option 2) Try to "insulate" the speakers as much as possible. Mount speaker to matching size back panel of plywood, that is mounted to the studs using vibration absorbing grommets - i.e. each speaker is somewhat isolated

Or just not think about it and attach to simple backplate... It becomes a little hard to experiment due to the amount of work involved, though I will try. Suggestions?

Side note: I am planning for this wall to be double drywall probably using "green glue". I am not particular concerned about sound insulation, but the double drywall is easy to do and the green glue might help absorb some vibrations. If there is a "sound quality" reason to do it or not to do it, it would outweigh any other concerns

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - not exactly the look I am going for. The speakers are about 2x1', and 8" deep. The speakers will be mounted under the screen, which is surrounded by black velvet. Top and bottom of wall will be a stage and a suffit (both with curved fronts).

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sorry - not exactly the look I am going for. The speakers are about 2x1', and 8" deep. The speakers will be mounted under the screen, which is surrounded by black velvet. Top and bottom of wall will be a stage and a suffit (both with curved fronts).
I have used the btech bt-15 mounts, basically L shaped brackets that tilt the speaker up a bit for under screen mounting...once speaker is on the mount the mount pretty much disappears....amazon has em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts