AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of MiniDV tapes from a Sony HDR-HC1 that i had, i would like to re-capture the video on my PC what would be the cheapest way to do so?

I don't need a miniDV cam anymore but would buying a used cheap one be my best bet? Would it have to be a HD miniDV cam or would a regular miniDV cam work? I would not keep it after i was done as money is tight.

I have around 20 Sony HD miniDv tapes.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Being an HC1 i expect they are hdv, i am in the process of puting all my tapes on hard drives using my refurbished D300, ive got to no 50 so far all perfect only 200 to go, the trouble is the tapes will probobly outlast the drives.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus /forum/post/17011957

Being an HC1 i expect they are hdv, i am in the process of puting all my tapes on hard drives using my refurbished D300, ive got to no 50 so far all perfect only 200 to go, the trouble is the tapes will probobly outlast the drives.

Yeah they are all in HD. I wonder what the cheapest HDV cam is that i can buy used? Its not going to be what i had it goes for alot on ebay.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Find a friend with one and borrow it for a couple of days. If you are a Facebook user, post the beg as your status. If it were SD you would get lots of hits, but most people have a big enough social graph to find someone with an HDV camcorder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts