AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's really cool is that once I installed the Bridge onto my PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC, and connect it by ethernet cable to a wireless bridge, all I have to do is hit a button on the front LCD panel of the DAC and both the bridge and DAC firmware will update to the latest firmware without any more effort on my part. Nifty!

I wish all AV products could do this!

·
Registered
27,366 Posts
I wish all products just worked when they left the factory and firmware updates were a thing of the past... Just like it used to be before HDMI.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
actually steve, that is wrong... it still requires a user to intervene.

Every K system calls out to a remote server every night looking for software updates. if it seems one (set via a list linking serial numbers and versions. this ensures that those set for beta are the only ones to get that beta) then it downloads it.

once the download is complete, the system confirms the software, then only once there is a period with no activity for 4 hours, it reboots (about a 90 second process) and executes the software.

when you fire up the system next, a message telling you about the update and and new features is on your screen.

THAT is how all gear should work!

·
Premium Member
12,450 Posts
I have a Qsonix music server. Qsonix sends out updates automatically to all users. I have to push NO buttons. Same thing if you purchase a software upgrade.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/19524400

I wish all products just worked when they left the factory and firmware updates were a thing of the past... Just like it used to be before HDMI.

Yes. Where's the 'like' button? Wait, this isn't Facebook.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy /forum/post/19545885

I have a Qsonix music server. Qsonix sends out updates automatically to all users. I have to push NO buttons. Same thing if you purchase a software upgrade.

Do you have the new Wadia Digital Output Version. If not they have a Trade in Special for current owners. It's a big improvement in SQ. Norm

·
Premium Member
12,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyree91 /forum/post/19547202

Do you have the new Wadia Digital Output Version. If not they have a Trade in Special for current owners. It's a big improvement in SQ. Norm

What external DAC were you using? I am using the Benchmark which claims it can eliminate all of the negatives associated with jitter which, in theory, would eliminate the need for the upgrade..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts