AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the forum for the past few months, so I'm wondering what the best software is to upload pictures from my Mac to my ReplayTV currently.

Also, has anyone come up with software to export iPhoto albums straight to the the ReplayTV? That'd be very cool.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayJanitor
I've been away from the forum for the past few months, so I'm wondering what the best software is to upload pictures from my Mac to my ReplayTV currently.

Sell your mac and buy a PC?

----

sorry I couldn't resist- but in all seriousness, have you tried DV Archive? It runs on Java so isn't OS dependent. I use it on my PC to upload photos, should work the same on a Mac.

http://dvarchive.sourceforge.net/

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by djdementia
you must mean to tell me to sell my mac and buy 2 PCs, right? :D

I know DVArchive does picture uploads (sorry, should've mentioned it). But, if I only want to do pictures, is that the best solution? I'd really prefer something that runs native, but I suppose DVArchive does the job.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
I know DVArchive does picture uploads (sorry, should've mentioned it). But, if I only want to do pictures, is that the best solution? I'd really prefer something that runs native, but I suppose DVArchive does the job.

I've never had problems with DV Archive transferring photos. Why don't you try it first? It doesn't take long to install and there is virtually no configuration necessary. You could probably have it up and running in about the time it took you to write this post :)

So what if all you use it for is photos? It does photos and it does them extremely well. You might end up using it's other features after you see how easy it is to use.

I remember reading a few posts that people mention DV Archive does photos as good as or even better then RePhoto.

PS: You are much better off if you resize large photos to 640x480. I used to upload a bunch of pics and the replay would take forever loading the ones that were 1600x1200 and zip through pics at 640x480. Quality difference is not noticible on a TV since your TV is only 480 lines anyway, everything has to be resized to *x480.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Links to all these programs can be found on the FAQ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used mReplay for Photo uploads for a bit now and it works great. Now the new version will download the shows to the Mac. The interface is very clean and "Mac like".

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just adding another tally mark for mReplay here. I've used it for that too. Works perfectly. I actually had to run down to my Replay just to make sure it had worked because it was so smooth...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's wicked fast pulling up the data for the replaytv and find the machines on the network. compared with DVA, that is.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by djdementia

----

sorry I couldn't resist- but in all seriousness, have you tried DV Archive? It runs on Java so isn't OS dependent. I use it on my PC to upload photos, should work the same on a Mac.

http://dvarchive.sourceforge.net/
So THATS why DVA was writtten in Java!!!! Damn those lil Apple users are "the squeaky wheel"

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
It's wicked fast pulling up the data for the replaytv and find the machines on the network. compared with DVA, that is.
I dunno. DVA 3.0 sure gives it a run for its money now... (once it boots, and even that seems snappier). I haven't tried photos from DVA 3.0 yet though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.