AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sonos Amp is expensive. What did I, a discerning audio enthusiast, do when they cannot justify the price of Sonos Amp? I searched for an alternative. After nearly a week of searching, I discovered the Arylic A50. I’ve been playing with it for a couple of days, and I’ve got some thoughts. To set the bar, this is pretty affordable since I picked it up on sale from the manufacturer’s website for just $169.

The Amp is sturdily built. It’s a robust metal enclosure. The front panel is glossy black and has a window for a light and IR receiver for the included remote, which has basic controls. I only used it once, to turn it on. After setup, which was pretty easy to figure out by reading the manual with plenty of screenshots to walk me through, I used the 4Stream app on both my Samsung and my iPhone to control the Amp. The 4Stream app has native support for 24bit .flac playback. AirPlay works with my iPhone. The 4Stream app also has internet radio integrations, which worked well. It also supports, Interestingly, it also includes an RCA-RCA cable for use as a pre-amp and a 3.5mm-RCA for line-in.

This Amp can drive 2x50w at 8ohms. I used a pair of JBL MR26 bookshelf speakers to test the amp. (8ohm, up to 100w) It didn’t get even the slightest bit warm after about two hours of continuous playback at about 60% volume. I linked it with my Google Home Mini for audio output, and it worked okay. The Bluetooth 5 quality is pretty good because of the well-sized, rotatable antennae on the back panel. The Google Home Mini does have an issue with stuttering audio, which isn’t the amps fault. I tried Bluetooth with my iPhone X and my Galaxy S9+ with absolutely no problems. While speaking on connectivity, I should mention this supports multi-room playback for whole-home audio installs, just like Sonos. On the box, it shows that it is compatible with Spotify Connect, but I later found out in the manual and the Spotify app that this device requires Spotify Premium. I don’t know why. I didn’t even know that there are premium requirements for select Spotify connect devices. I bypassed that by just using Bluetooth and the included 3.5mm-RCA cable.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the amp. I’d recommend it for people who aren’t willing to shell out an arm and a leg for Sonos. Any thoughts or questions on this?

Not sponsored, I bought because I saw people on youtube using the board for building smart speakers.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sonos Amp is expensive. What did I, a discerning audio enthusiast, do when they cannot justify the price of Sonos Amp? I searched for an alternative. After nearly a week of searching, I discovered the Arylic A50. I’ve been playing with it for a couple of days, and I’ve got some thoughts. To set the bar, this is pretty affordable since I picked it up on sale from the manufacturer’s website for just $169.

The Amp is sturdily built. It’s a robust metal enclosure. The front panel is glossy black and has a window for a light and IR receiver for the included remote, which has basic controls. I only used it once, to turn it on. After setup, which was pretty easy to figure out by reading the manual with plenty of screenshots to walk me through, I used the 4Stream app on both my Samsung and my iPhone to control the Amp. The 4Stream app has native support for 24bit .flac playback. AirPlay works with my iPhone. The 4Stream app also has internet radio integrations, which worked well. It also supports, Interestingly, it also includes an RCA-RCA cable for use as a pre-amp and a 3.5mm-RCA for line-in.

This Amp can drive 2x50w at 8ohms. I used a pair of JBL MR26 bookshelf speakers to test the amp. (8ohm, up to 100w) It didn’t get even the slightest bit warm after about two hours of continuous playback at about 60% volume. I linked it with my Google Home Mini for audio output, and it worked okay. The Bluetooth 5 quality is pretty good because of the well-sized, rotatable antennae on the back panel. The Google Home Mini does have an issue with stuttering audio, which isn’t the amps fault. I tried Bluetooth with my iPhone X and my Galaxy S9+ with absolutely no problems. While speaking on connectivity, I should mention this supports multi-room playback for whole-home audio installs, just like Sonos. On the box, it shows that it is compatible with Spotify Connect, but I later found out in the manual and the Spotify app that this device requires Spotify Premium. I don’t know why. I didn’t even know that there are premium requirements for select Spotify connect devices. I bypassed that by just using Bluetooth and the included 3.5mm-RCA cable.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the amp. I’d recommend it for people who aren’t willing to shell out an arm and a leg for Sonos. Any thoughts or questions on this?

Not sponsored, I bought because I saw people on youtube using the board for building smart speakers.
thx for posting.
@Sylvester McGovern have you tried any of the other wireless/wifi ecosystems beside Sonos?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Interesting first post for not being an advert.

I can't imagine many people on this forum have an interest in Sonos or Sonos clones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am thinking about getting an Arylic product and I have a question. Do you have to manually switch the inputs? Or can you for example use the line in and bluetooth at the same time?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am thinking about getting an Arylic product and I have a question. Do you have to manually switch the inputs? Or can you for example use the line in and bluetooth at the same time?
Hi
The inputs are manually switched by either the 4 stream app or the remote.you can’t use two inputs simultaneously.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it does detect and it switched when I had another audio source connected to the Aux input. You can also manually switch using the included remote, the smartphone app, or in my case switch back from the aux source just required starting a song via Roon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just came across this post and I have been considering Arylic vs Sonos. We use alexa in our home for voice control. Any way to integrate a voice assistant into Arylic. I know they have some Sonos integrations.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I've been using the S50 Pro+ for about a month now and it's doing the job quite well for a small 2ch system in my living room, along with an Adcom GFA-535, Crosley C6 (by Pro-Ject), and JBL N28s (refinished to look like JBL L82/L100s). I leave it in Bluetooth mode connected to the C6 (which is across the room) and it switches automatically to Wifi for Spotify/Tidal/Amazon when selected as an endpoint... but I do have to switch back to Bluetooth manually after.

I stepped up to the S50 Pro+ mostly for the subwoofer output, but don't use it because it lacks any form of bass management and the sub in the room is already tied into a separate 5.1 system... so I would need bass management to integrate it into both systems. That said, the N28s are doing well without a sub. I could have have made due with the S10 Mini or one of the Up2Stream boards.

Besides the lack of bass management, my only other complaint is the remote has a VERY narrow cone of operation, to the point that it can be extremely frustrating. It wouldn't matter nearly as much if it saved tone control adjustments for each source (I prefer a bit more treble bump on the turntable... that may be addressable with a stylus/cartridge upgrade).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts